March 8, 2010

Me and My Dolls


So I start my first blog with telling you i'm a totally beginner in what i will do and what i'll present to you, dear Reader.

Biggest Wish that all my relatives know: to become a fashion designer... The true wish that i realized it a few months ago and no one till now knew about it: I wanna become a fashion designer for dolls and a doll maker.

I always loved dolls, since i was a kid i always asked my mother to buy me dolls .. i know i got a really cheep doll when i was like 5-6 years old. I always played with girls, they had like tons of dolls and i was always welcomed to play with them. I remember that once [ actually someone remembered me] that i stole a mermaid doll thingies ... i was probably jealous or the girl really pissed me off. Anyway i always glanced at dolls and always played with my cousin's dolls ..

Last year i started buying Barbie , my first doll brought from my money [she is now in the process of re-rooting] i always thought that Barbie was the perfect doll .. Romania is not developed into Fashion dolls and other trademarks except Mattel's Barbie and other cheep [made in China] dolls. So i brought 1 doll, then the second Barbie, and the third, till i got to the seventh Barbie doll. So right now i have 7 barbie dolls. They are from the line called : Fashion Fever 2008



I have all the dolls from the commercial except the one in a blue dress the forth from left to right but i have the black skin one that is not present in the commercial, and another cheep Barbie doll. I loved and still love the Fashion Fever dolls because they have the articulated arms.
Yet on the time I was buying Barbie i wasn't paying attention to what the internet was offering me .. a huge variety of Fashion dolls. at the end of last year and this year too i studied Robert Tonner and his Antoinette doll ... I LOVE IT!! and managed to order one of the few dolls left of Antoinette. So i'll receive this week Antoinette Honey Basic:


Image belongs to Robert Tonner

Yep she'll be here soon .. i can't wait!! let's say i'm obsessed!! You might ask yourself why a Tonner, and not other dolls.. well lets say that Tonner's basic are cheep something that my mom's pocket can carry [ I lost my job, lost my university, got back to my parents house reason .... financial crisis ]. But yet i managed to make a deal with someone and sold 2 of my photographs [ i'm an artist too- draw, paint, photograph (when i have a camera)] in exchange of Tonner's Cameo [the blond doll] yet i'm about to lose my favorite doll [the Bloom one] love her skintone and hair ... to bad i don't have money left .. yet i'll find a way .

1 comment:

  1. You should check out fashion royalty ;)

    http://www.integritytoys.com/page/brands/name:fashion_royalty

    ReplyDelete