March 21, 2010

Design nr. 4 - Work In Progress

Design nr. 4 - Work In Progress - for Antoinette



Cute Design no?! Something that probably was done before by many designers, used as a gorgeous red carpet dress by a famous star, even you [if you are girl] wore something quite similar, maybe even a doll got dressed in something like this!!!

I know is not an original design, but i started thinking today as I was looking at some other doll's fashion designers and how their creations was screaming : FASHION! GLAMOROUS! WOW! and decided that [even if i'm not prepared] I should start making those kind of wonderful fashion design, designs that are meant for dolls! So I took my pen and paper, and started drawing thinking at: the black material that i brought a few days ago, about the sewing staple [ i think this is how they are called]and some other elements that i don't have yet [tomorrow will be a wonderful day for some shopping] and managed to make this simple design yet Fashionable. As my mind had processed the pattern and how things will be sewed together, everything sounds pretty easy [if you have a sewing machine] yet hard [if you doing the hand sewing].

This is the first design I post on it's own without the final result [the doll dressed] and if this will be a success i'll do more post like this one: first the design, then the dressed doll.

Wish me luck!!! hopefully the dress will come out as i wish

No comments:

Post a Comment